commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent 7
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:55:35 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2008 7:12 PM, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Actually it does. maven-remote-resources-plugin places the remotely
>>> fetched resources in a special directory. These resources are then
>>> included into the created jar file by maven-javadoc-plugin and
>>> maven-source-plugin.
>> Well I tried it and it didn't.
>
> Apologies - I just tried specifying the latest javadoc plugin version
> (2.3) and it worked. I'm just wondering why the javadoc jar plugin
> doesn't also do the "local" resources as well?

You normally don't want the javadoc-plugin to include your normal
resources, the ones that end up in target/classes during the build. You
can however tell the javadoc-plugin to use special javadoc resources if
you want to:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/javadoc-resources.html

> Niall
>
>> Niall