commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [all] releasing a nearly dormant project (was Re: [exec] how to proceed for a nearly dormant project)
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:05:40 GMT
Hi folks,

thanks for your help in promoting commons-exec - I would like to discuss
a few of the points mentioned in the emails

+) "how long is Siegfried sticking around" - well, I can't give you any
binding commitments and you don't expect one. I need a properly working
commons-exec for my company, I was annoyed enough with the broken code
to sit down and it is actually small enough to cram the working hours
past midnight when my family is asleep ... :-)

+) as mentioned before the project should not be a "one man show" - with
your help it is not any longer. And looking how many projects are
handling external processes inproperly I see a lot of people in need of
a poperly working and maintained commons-exec

What I would like to do the next few weeks

+) clean up the remaining code
+) do field testing on Mac, Linux and Windows to ensure a certain quality
+) setup a WIKI page
+) write a tutorial

When all of these things are done we should have a look at the promotion

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl