commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Getting a grip on our current and future build systems
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:50:51 GMT
Hi

I've created a page on our wiki [1] where I have tried to show which
build systems are used by the different Commons components. Both proper
and sandbox components are represented, but in separate sections.

The page also has a little marking for "primary build system". To get
reasonable values for that I have taken the currently used build system
in the nightly build scripts in commons-nightly.

There are probably errors in there, so please feel free to jump in and
correct them. Especially the "primary" marking, as the people working on
a component might have other plans than the nightly builds...

I hope that this page can also work as a road map for us. We can use it
to show our intentions regarding which build systems we support. One
possible addition would be to have another marking for "will be
deprecated in the next release".

Please share your thoughts on the matter.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/commons/BuildSystems

--
Dennis Lundberg