commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [all] Maven repo trouble? [was Re: [VOTE] Release commons-fileupload 1.2.1 (rc2)]
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 20:49:51 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> When trying the m2 build I got the error that commons-io 1.3.2 could
>> not be downloaded. Indeed this version does not seem to be in the
>> central maven repository. Does anybody know why this is the case?
>
> Fixed the groupId to org.apache.commons.

Hmmmm. It looks like something in maven is screwed.

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-io/1.3.2/commons-io-1.3.2.pom

shows the commons-io groupId as commons-io. So why is it under
org.apache.commons and not commons-io?

The maven 1 repo - http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-io/jars/ - shows
only release 1.3.1. There is no 1.3.2 in the maven 1 repo, only in the
maven 2 repo.

In fact, more generally, none of the maven 2 released commons jars are
in the maven 1 repo.

For [io] 1.3.2, it should never appear under org.apache.commons as it
was just a minor release, and 1.3.1 is under commons-io. (I think we all
agreed that it needed a more major release to change the group id)

Any views on this latest maven problem?

Stephen