commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IO] Planning IO 1.4 release
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 02:23:59 GMT
On Jan 5, 2008 5:51 PM, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to get an IO 1.4 release out in the near future. Looking
> thru the issues tagged for 1.4 I would suggest the following:
>
> 1) Resolve the following issues, which all have patches except IO-149
> which is trivial
>   IO-149 - Make FilenameUtils.EXTENSION_SEPARATOR public
>   IO-105 - Add a FileUtils.copyDirectoryStructure method
>   IO-152 - Add ByteArrayOutputStream.readFrom(InputStream)
>   IO-135 - Add convenience deleteQuietly to FileUtils

+1

> 2) Move the following issues to post-1.4
>   IO-137 - Added method for getting InputStream from
> ByteArrayOutputStream & IOUtils avoiding unnecessary array allocation
> and copy
>   IO-51  - Throttled input and output stream classes
>   IO-77 - add a convenience FileUtils.move(File src, File dest)

+1 on IO-77 being post-1.4 as it lacks unit tests.

I think we should deal with IO-137 as it's a minor enhancement and
comes with tests. I'll volunteer to look at that.

IO-51 has tests, so worth a look at if that can be done before the
others are resolved. ie) punt to post-1.4 iff it's the last one left.

> 3) Upgrade to commons-parent-6 pom.xml which looks like the release
> will be approved shortly
>
> Thoughts on this?

Delete the M1 build, and maybe Ant given that the build.xml is M1 generated.

And IO-148 + IO-127?

Hen