commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [all] releasing a nearly dormant project (was Re: [exec] how to proceed for a nearly dormant project)
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:24:02 GMT

--- Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm always interested, but it's always been
> somewhere down my list of
> priorities :(

I'm in a similar boat with Brett.  I am fairly
familiar with the pre-fork version of this code and
would be available as a contingency resource if
nothing else.

> If Siegfried is able to drive it to release quality,
> I can likely
> start using it in a number of places which will
> increase my
> involvement.

There was talk about migrating Ant to use [exec] once
it had baked, IIRC; the holdup is that Ant's status as
a build tool has always mandated that it have
negligible dependencies.  This would mean we would
want to use some sort of svn or other trickery to
accomplish this.  An external might suffice, but other
ideas are welcome at dev@ant.a.o.  :)

-Matt