commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Cobertura + downloaded sites concern
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:51:42 GMT
Just wanting to share concern about a couple of things:

1) Using Cobertura. It's reports are GPL.
2) Including sites in downloads.

If we have a component with Cobertura turned on, and with the site
included in the distribution, then things are very unhappy.

Findbugs doesn't seem to be the same issue - it's LGPL, but the
reports don't appear to contain any LGPL JavaScript.

Currently we have Cobertura in:

commons-sandbox-parent/pom.xml
dbcp/pom.xml
io/pom.xml
jci/pom.xml
jexl/pom.xml
lang/pom.xml
math/pom.xml
betwixt/project.xml
codec/project.xml
collections/project.xml
collections_jdk5_branch/project.xml
configuration/project.xml
dbcp/project.xml
io/project.xml
lang/project.xml
math/project.xml
primitives/project.xml
validator/project.xml

Looking at upcoming releases, IO does not distribute the site and
FileUpload does but doesn't have any suspicious looking reports.

Do we want to play it safe and either not include Cobertura (and other
reports with similar problems), or not have downloaded sites? Or keep
it as it is and make this something we have to look at on every RC
check?

Hen