commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Translating Java commons Libs to C# commons libs
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi Robert,

If the question is whether or not to host/develop such stuff here in the commons project,
I would think it unlikely.

As Henri noted, most of these libs would need to be significantly rewritten, rather than just
"translated". And I expect that there is not a lot of c# knowledge (or interest) here, so
a completely new set of developers would be needed to maintain the code.

Using this code as a starting point seems sensible, and I'm sure people here would be happy
to answer any questions that come up during this work. However I doubt that commons.apache.org
would be an appropriate place to host the code.

Regards,
Simon

---- Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> schrieb:
> Definitely of interest I think - if components make sense being translated.
>
> Only a few would be directly ported I think - most of the others would
> be a case of using the general idea and writing from scratch.
>
> Hen
>
> On Jan 29, 2008 8:37 AM, Robert Johnson <bobjohnson11@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No I have not tried IKVM yet. This is on my list of things to try. What I
> > would like to do is start using my C# skills to actually create a
> > translation of the code.  I have quite a bit of time on my hands and would
> > like to use my skill to contribute to the project.
> >
> > - Robert
> >

> > On Jan 29, 2008 11:24 AM, Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > libraries