commons-dev mailing list archives

From Job Honig <j...@xs4all.nl>
Subject commons-deamon problem on linux x64
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:55:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use commons-deamon on a suse x64 system.  As running
it with the 32bit java installation failed (configure detectes the os and
looks for the 64 bit jvm), I switched to Sun's x64 java distribution.

However, the latter distribution does not contain a client jvm library,
so I get several messages like this:

 library /local/jdk1.6.0_04//lib/amd64/hotspot/libjvm.so
 13172 jsvc debug: Cannot locate library for VM hotspot (skipping)

I understand there is no 64bit jvm client, you have to use the 32 bit
client and the 74 bit server.  It looks like this is not supported by
the config for commons-deamon.

Is there an easy solution for this problem?  Using the 32bit version
would be ok, can I force config to use that one instead of looking for
the one that is 64 bit???

Job