commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release pool 1.4
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
---- Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> schrieb:
> On Jan 14, 2008 9:13 PM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
> > The artifacts look good, the build also succeeded in all variants (on a
> > JDK 1.6). So I am +1 for this release.
> >
> > Two minor points:
> > - On my first attempt to build with maven 2 I got the test failure
> > below. However this was not reproducable, further builds succeeded. Has
> > anybody else seen this?
> >
> > - In the manifest of the jar (in the binary distribution) the headers
> > for Import- and Export-Package look a bit strange. There seems to be a
> > hard line break in the package name. I am no OSGi expert. Is this okay?
>
> I believe this is OK for manifest entries in general and for OSGi the
> bundle plugin that the felix guys(OSGi expter) have developed does the
> same thing so I think so. Also I pinged Carsten Ziegeler (felix
> project) about this release being OSGi enabled and he took a look at
> the entries and said they looked good.

Just regarding linefeeds in MANIFEST files: for some strange reason the java spec requires
that any line be wrapped at 72 bytes, and that the rest continues on the next line preceded
by a space. No idea why it was specified that way, but it is. So what you see here is probably
correct.

See here:
  http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jar/jar.html
and search for "Line length" (there is more than one match).

Regards, Simon