commons-dev mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject Re: [all] releasing a nearly dormant project (was Re: [exec] how to proceed for a nearly dormant project)
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 10:14:11 GMT
Selon Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org>:

> > According to the website moving to proper requires an "active group
> > of committers" - I hardly qualifiy for that so I'm sort of stuck
>
> That was my concern
>
> > Therefore I see two options
> >
> > +) one existing committer teams up with me (preferred but rather
> > unlikely looking at the recent activity)
> > +) I leave commons-exec at it is in the sandbox  and push out a
> > SNAPSHOT release
>
> IMO a SNAPSHOT release is not really what we want. But I guess we (as
> a community) need to discuss situations like these. The definition of
> active committers is rather vague in this context. After all we have
> quite some "one man shows" where other committers just help out. But
> not releasing "exec" does not sounds like a better option either.

I don't think releasing a snapshot is a good idea. If we consider [exec] is
ready for proper, it should really be migrated.

I am interested in this component, I am a commiter for [math] and also a (very
novice) PMC. I am willing to help. My available time is quite scarce, but I hope
I will be able to do something.

Luc