commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Michiel Kalkman" <michielgkalk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] JDK compatibility
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:38:31 GMT
+1/-1

I am all for using jdk 1.5, but I guess it will take some time before
I can use this jdk at work. Is it possible and easy to generate an 1.4
compatible binary version from 1.5 sources ? If so, I'd say go for it.

Just some additional thoughts (maybe they should be in another thread):
- when considering package names, maybe it is an idea to work towards
a plugin-alike structuring. It might be interesting if future
development of some configuration format (INI,JNDI,etc) could be
independent from, say, core components.
- I think some prototype ui components (swing,jsp,etc.) might be a
useful future addition, if only as a starting point for developing
really useable ui components (and probably also as a teaser for new
users), so you might want to consider that when considering package
names as well.

(of course, I am a user, not a developer :)