commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] 1.4-RC1 available for review
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:54:46 GMT
> The tars/zips are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC1/
>
> Site:
> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC1/docs/
>
> Release Notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

<snip/>

No testing, just notes on artifacts. Source builds (on JDK 1.5) &
sigs, sums OK. Some nits ... IMO:

 * The release notes could be better formatted (but given that they're
generated, thats fine).

commons-pool-1.4-RC1.zip:

 * LICENSE-header.txt is not necessary.

Site:

 * The Javadoc links in the LHS navbar should be in reverse order
(latest release first).
 * This page could be better (many other components have improved it):
   http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC1/docs/cvs-usage.html
 * JavaDoc Report and JavaDoc Warnings Report can go (via Sebb)

Other:

 * Given that you are testing the build separately on JDK 1.3, its OK
to build the release jar as you elaborate below.

-Rahul