commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Moving staged artifacts (was Re: Release Version 2 of Commons Skin ...)
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:53:28 GMT
On 12/14/07, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> > We definitely do not want to sync the entire m2-snap-repo (if thats
> > possible!). Suggest copying manually (yes, there are downsides etc.,
> > but its not like its not been done before and this seems to be special
> > circumstances unless I've missed something or the plugin has been
> > fixed to copy specific artifacts).
>
> OK thanks Rahul - I'll do it manually for now. I guess the one bit
> that automation makes easier is merging/updating the
> maven-metadata.xml[1] (and signing/creating keys for it) - are there
> any other options than a manual edit if I do the rest manually?

<snap/>

Yup, makes that easier, and the multi-module stuff, if any (as you can
imagine, there'd be a bunch of artifacts in various directories). You
really care about the meta-data if you care about repository managers
etc. (any tools that mine the data). How much do we care about that
for commons-skin? Is it worth the added effort? If all this worked, I
wouldn't be asking.

>From memory, it wasn't a showstopper when I asked before (e.g. Shale v1.0.4).

-Rahul