commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Moving staged artifacts (was Re: Release Version 2 of Commons Skin ...)
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:32:25 GMT
On 12/14/07, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> Thanks, I can move the release over from the SNAPSHOT repo to the
> official m2 repo with a maven command right? I'll go search the
> archives for hints how to do this - but if anyone has any pointers
> would be much appreciated.

<snap/>

Note that this seems to be a special case (see para below), but
generally the answer would be to use the stage plugin (don't know if
released yet) as documented in item #4 here:

 http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

Now, special case -- Just noticed that the m2-snap-repo was used for
staging, I think we should avoid this going forward (its "well-known",
chances of artifacts getting out in the wild increase considerably).
Also you'll notice that the above pointer says:

<quote>
Note: The version parameter is currently ignored and the entire
staging repository is synced, not just the given version or the
current project. It still needs to be provided, though.
</quote>

We definitely do not want to sync the entire m2-snap-repo (if thats
possible!). Suggest copying manually (yes, there are downsides etc.,
but its not like its not been done before and this seems to be special
circumstances unless I've missed something or the plugin has been
fixed to copy specific artifacts).

-Rahul

> > Niall Pemberton wrote:
> > > I have managed to work round the problems I had the other night trying
> > > to release commons-skin-2 and have staged a release in the snapshot
> > > repo here:
> > >     http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/commons/commons-skin/2/

<snip/>