commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Commons SCXML 0.7 RC2 available
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:21:40 GMT
On 12/13/07, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> The checkstyle reports says the Builtin class is a utility class and
> should not have a public or default constructor. The Javadoc shows the
> default constructor added by the compiler. Could a private constructor
> be added to prevent this ?

<snip/>

Thanks for taking a look.

For Commons components, when you see the above, it generally has to be
do with expression languages. For example, in this case, there is no
way to call static methods in JEXL v1.0, so a constructor needs to be
provided. This particular case may need to be Javadoc'ed better. While
we're here, the other checkstyle error (bar the TODO flags) is a false
warning (the import is actually needed as its used in a {@link} --
maybe never checkstyle versions have taken care of that).

-Rahul