commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] m2 release process
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 01:12:13 GMT
On Dec 7, 2007 4:32 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:

> We seriously need to remove the "dummy" repo setting from the parent
> pom. It does nothing but cause grief.
>
> If we remove it, calling 'mvn release:perform will copy the artifacts to
> the snapshot repo if the version is a SNAPSHOT, and to the
> central-sync-repo if it's a "real" version. We have to trust ourselves
> to call the right commands, not having to remember which non-standard
> command-line switch to add. Just use Maven the way it is.

Releases need to be staged for the vote, so you can't let it deploy
directly to m2-ibiblio-rsync-repo where it would be synced
immediately.

I'd suggest overriding the distributionManagement url to something
like scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/builds/commons/m2-staging-repository
.

(Actually I prefer to stage each release separately, which can be done
by using properties such as ${version} in the url -- might be more
complicated for commons though.)

--
Wendy