commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r603888 - /commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:10:47 GMT

On 13.12.2007, at 13:00, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2007 11:39 AM, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:
>> We also need to pass on the gpg passphrase
>>
>>   mvn release:perform -Prc -Dgpg.passphrase=PASSPHRASE -Darguments="-
>> Prc -Dgpg.passphrase=PASSPHRASE"
>
> Are you sure? When did the commons-skin-2 I using the "rc" profile I
> was prompted for the passphrase and it worked no problem.

Oh ...OK. IIRC there was a bug that prevented the prompting from
working last time I checked. But either way the problem is that the
gpg plugin has no integration with the gpg keyagent, so typing (and
even pasting) the passphrase for all signatures is a major PITA. At
least for jci it would be (many artifacts).

On the other hand I am tempted to move away from the multiproject
business because it still sucks so badly ...that would also mean less
artifacts and less pain.

>> IMO this is a maven bug/misconception that one cannot just pass on
>> those parameters automatically. This whole 'arguments' business looks
>> like a nasty hack IMO.
>
> I agree, but I don't see an alternative ATM - if anyone has one
> then great.

Maybe someone of our fellow maven'ers could comment on this :)

cheers
--
Torsten