commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [pool] 1.4-RC1 available for review
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:56:55 GMT
The tars/zips are here:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC1/

Site:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC1/docs/

Release Notes:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/pool-1.4-RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

This is an "old-style" RC - i.e., these are *not* release bits, nor do
I expect to call a release vote on these artifacts.  What I would like
is feedback on the release contents - usual checking, etc., as well as
*testing* and review of the changelog by anyone with cycles and / or
test apps available.

To faciliated testing, I have (manually) uploaded the RC jar to the
apache m1 snapshot repo:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/commons-pool/

The release jar was created using JDK 1.5, but at least the Ant build
should work on 1.3+.  If people feel strongly that more than setting
the source and target JDK and testing the build on 1.3 is necessary, I
can roll the final release with a 1.3 or 1.4 JDK.  Build tests on
different platforms / JDKs appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.  Patches / direct fixes should be
against branches/1_4_RELEASE_BRANCH.  The RC was built from
tags/POOL_1_4_RC1.

Phil