commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Moving staged artifacts (was Re: Release Version 2 of Commons Skin ...)
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:41:49 GMT
On Dec 14, 2007 2:32 PM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/14/07, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip/>
> >
> > Thanks, I can move the release over from the SNAPSHOT repo to the
> > official m2 repo with a maven command right? I'll go search the
> > archives for hints how to do this - but if anyone has any pointers
> > would be much appreciated.
> >
> <snap/>
>
> Note that this seems to be a special case (see para below), but
> generally the answer would be to use the stage plugin (don't know if
> released yet) as documented in item #4 here:
>
>  http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html
>
> Now, special case -- Just noticed that the m2-snap-repo was used for
> staging, I think we should avoid this going forward (its "well-known",
> chances of artifacts getting out in the wild increase considerably).
> Also you'll notice that the above pointer says:
>
> <quote>
> Note: The version parameter is currently ignored and the entire
> staging repository is synced, not just the given version or the
> current project. It still needs to be provided, though.
> </quote>
>
> We definitely do not want to sync the entire m2-snap-repo (if thats
> possible!). Suggest copying manually (yes, there are downsides etc.,
> but its not like its not been done before and this seems to be special
> circumstances unless I've missed something or the plugin has been
> fixed to copy specific artifacts).

OK thanks Rahul - I'll do it manually for now. I guess the one bit
that automation makes easier is merging/updating the
maven-metadata.xml[1] (and signing/creating keys for it) - are there
any other options than a manual edit if I do the rest manually?

Niall

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-skin/maven-metadata.xml