commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [m2] release plugin and pom license (was Re: Release commons-fileupload 1.2.1)
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:57:33 GMT
This happens when Maven rewrites the pom file during release. I'm sure
why, but I have devised a workaround for it. Before doing the actual
release, do the following:

1. mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true
2. Compare pom.xml with pom.xml.tag
3. Make sure you copy all the changes, except for changes to <version/>
and <scm/> tags, back to the pom.xml file. Common things that can change
are: removal of newlines at the end of the file, putting the entire
<project> tag on one line, using " instead of ' around attributes.
4. Clear out the temporary release files by running
   mvn release:clean
5. Check in the changes you made to pom.xml
6. Repeat until only the <version/> and <scm/> tags change

The license comment should be between the xml declaration and the
starting <project> tag.

Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 12/22/07, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>>
> <snip/>
>>> Yup, the pom gets distributed (as part of maven doing what it does),
>>> so having a license header seems important. However, the m2 release
>>> plugin strips it out [1] sometimes (no one clarified why or how to fix
>>> that last time I asked). So, either that needs fixing or someone needs
>>> to assert that poms do not need licenses.
>> It is kept, if the comment with the license is put after the project tag.
>>
> <snap/>
>
> Cool, had heard that on the grapevine [1].
>
> -Rahul
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/2kj2vj
>

>> - Jörg

Dennis Lundberg