commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] Moving staged artifacts (was Re: Release Version 2 of Commons Skin ...)
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:47:15 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007 4:31 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>> Niall Pemberton wrote:

>>> OK great - I never really knew what it was for as it seemed to work
>>> when not present - so I'll leave that for now.
>> Fixing the meta data is important and not that difficult to do. Just
>> edit the maven-metadata.xml file and create new checksums. If you are
>> unsure how to do it I can do it for you.
>
> Thanks Dennis - I've created an updated copy here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~niallp/temp/
>
> If you could have a quick look that would be great. I saw in the
> snapshot metadata a <release> element - does it need that and if so
> for what versions (e.g. just 2 or 1.0 as well)?

I had a look at other meta data files and they have both "latest" and
"release" tags. I believe that they are used by Maven and other repo
tools to determine the latest and released version respectively.

So I recommend adding the following as the first entries within the
"versioning" tag.

     <latest>2</latest>
     <release>2</release>

Also an sha1 checksum should be added.