commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POOL] Offer of help for a 1.4 release
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2007 23:46:55 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>> On Dec 2, 2007 11:09 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Tomcat has been bitten [1] by a bug [2] in pool-1.3. Currently we are
>>> considering reverting to pool-1.2 but would obviously prefer to move to
>>> pool-1.4 (that included a fix for [2]) due to the many fixes in 1.3.
>>>
>>> A quick scan of the archives suggests that an offer of an extra pair of
>>> hands might help speed up a pool-1.4 release in the near term. So, here I am.
>> Thanks!  This is exactly what is needed.
>
> OK. I have trunk checked out and building. I'll starting looking at
> POOL-86, POOL-97, POOL-93 & POOL-108 in terms of reviewing what is there
> and developing patches where there are gaps. I'll need to get my head
> around the pool code so I might be quiet for a couple of days.
>
> I'll add JIRA comments when I have something useful to say.

I have taken a look at each of the issues above. Comments added to JIRA. In
summary:
POOL-86  - The patch in JIRA looks good to me
POOL-93  - Proposed improved patch based on patches in JIRA
POOL-97  - Proposed alternative patch that fixes 97 without a regression
POOL-108 - Proposed improved patch (see POOL-93) based on patch in JIRA

I'm happy to re-work any/all of the patches if required.

Mark