commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] m2 release process
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:01:33 GMT
For logging I followed the current release procedure [1], which worked
well. Sections 11 and 12 need to be merged somehow. As I'm not familiar
with releases back in the Jakarta days, I'm not quite sure how to
though. Other than that, it was obvious what to when the docs talk about
Maven 1 specifics. But that's probably just me, because I'm used to
doing releases with Maven 2 over in maven land. So this needs to be
written down.

For releases support artifacts that reside only in the Central repo
(parent poms, skin) I have simply done:
- vote based on svn revisions
- mvn release:prepare
- mvn -Prelease release:perform

I'd be happy to help write some more docs for this. We can borrow some
parts from Maven's own release processes, the old [2] and the new [3].
How do we want to structure the docs?

1. One document that includes all releases, whether it's Ant, Maven 1 or
Maven 2
2. Separate documents depending on which tool is used to do the release
3. Something else...

[1] http://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/pmc-release-process.html
[3] http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html

Niall Pemberton wrote:
> I haven't done an m2 release before - do we have it documented
> anywhere or can someone give me some pointers on what commands and
> options I need to use?
>
> tia
>
> Niall
>
> P.S. This is for commons-skin