commons-dev mailing list archives

From ku...@gmx.de
Subject Re: [POOL] Offer of help for a 1.4 release
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2007 19:15:01 GMT
Hi,

I would like to offer some help, too.
I cannot promise that I can do some actual development work on it, but I
would like to add some comments about some drawbacks (IMHO) in pool 1.3.
Mainly:

- changing GenericObjectPool from LIFO to FIFO strategy from 1.2 to 1.3
I think that a FIFO strategy is suboptimal for database connection
pools. I'd have at least liked an optional parameter to choose between
LIFO and FIFO
- fully synchronized borrowObject() and returnObject() methods. I've
seen this to be a serious bottleneck when the database is under high
load and another connection needs to be created.

greetings,

Christoph