commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Commons SCXML 0.7 RC2 available
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:13:12 GMT
On 12/12/2007, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've incorporated Sebb and Niall's feedback on RC1 and produced RC2.
>
> Tag:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/tags/SCXML_0_7_RC2/

A few files still refer to jakarta for stuff that has moved to commons TLP:

build.properties.sample
doap_scxml.rdf
faq.fml
scxml-documents.xml
testing-standalone.xml
scxml-stopwatch.xml

> Artifacts:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rahul/commons/scxml-0.7/rc2/

Sigs and hashes all OK. Contents look fine.

> Staged site:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~rahul/commons/scxml-0.7/rc2/site/

It's quite difficult to find the download link.
There does not seem to be a Wiki link.
It would be useful if these were in the top part of the left-hand panel.

The left-hand panel seems to have some duplication, e.g.
Dependencies, Mailing Lists, Team, SVN Repository which are also under
Project Info. I'd suggest dropping the former.

"Dependencies" notes that xalan is needed for Java 1.5 - what about 1.6?
Should that be Java 1.5+?

> Notes:
>  * m1 release, JDK 1.4 minimum

Could not find Java requirement anywhere on the site.

Could it be added as a dependency in maven.xml/pom.xml, or would that
break Maven?

>  * v0.7 release notes, Javadoc etc. links in staged site will go live
> after release
>
> I intend to put these bits up for vote this weekend (unless blocking
> issues are discovered between now and then). If more time is needed,
> please ping.

IMO none of the above comments are blocking for this release.