commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] update pool dependency to 1.4-SNAPSHOT?
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2007 12:45:33 GMT
On 09/12/2007, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2007 12:28 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is poll 1.4-SNAPSHOT built from? I could not find a tag/branch for it.
> >
> > If it is trunk, then there might be a problem as there seem to be
> > several Java 1.5 dependencies (asserts).
>
> AIUI assertions were introduced in JDK 1.4:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/lang/assert.html

Sorry, you're right. Useful to know.

The Commons Pool download page says that Pool 1.3 targets Java 1.3,
and Pool 2.0 targets Java 1.4.  It does not mention Pool 1.4 - is it
definitely decided to go for Java 1.4?  pom.xml and build.xml say
source 1.4, so one assumes so, even though it is just a point release
;-)

Just double-checking.