commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.5 based on RC1
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 20:26:35 GMT
Hi Oliver,

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.5rc1/site/index.html

> Please take the time to have a look at the artifacts and cast your vote.
> I will count the votes not before next Thursday (Nov. 8th).

src package compiles and runs tests on my compiler zoo, fine!

Dependencies:
- pom uses commons-logging:commons-logging-api instead of
commons-logging:commons-logging. The API version should only be used when
building a server like Tomcat (IIRC)
- because of this we have both commons-logging-api-1.0.4 and
commons-logging-1.1 (as transitive dep from digester) in the classpath.
Maybe we should directly upgrade to 1.1.1 to drop the optional deps of JCL
- commons-jxpath triggers old xerces-1.2.3, ant-optional and jdom. At least
the first two should be possibly excluded, especially since the
dependencies page refers xerces-2.2.0 and the pom refers an optional
ant-1.6.5

Site glitches:
- broken link in "Howtos (1.2 release)" exists a broken link to the
current "User's Guide"
- download page has no entry for version 1.5 (yet ?)
- changes state version 1.5 to be in SVN ... don't forget entry in POM
- findbugs report ... open issues ??

Cheers,
Jörg