commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Old releases in dist directory
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:35:55 GMT
> There seem to be quite a few old releases in various commons directories.
>
> I think these should be removed - this will prevent anyone
> accidentally downloading an older release, as well as making it easier
> to select the current release.
>
> Older releases are always available from the archives.
>
> Below is a listing of the zip files in all the commons directories.
>
> Where only 1 version is present, this is not shown - only directories
> with more than 1 release are shown (in which case the current release
> is also shown).
>
> I'm happy to delete the older releases - just let me know.

<snip/>

Thanks, I think its generally OK to remove anything that has a more
recent release in the same line of development. Best to let this
thread sit for a week to see if there are special cases / objections.

I can speak for some based on my involvement in related releases:
 * Commons Digester 1.7 can go
 * Commons SCXML 0.5 can go

-Rahul