commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 3)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:27:43 GMT
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
<snip/>

> > I'll change this. Should it be changed to "Apache Commons Logging" or
> > simply "Commons Logging"? This is what we currently have:
> >
> > Specification-Title: Jakarta Commons Logging
> > Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
>
> I had a look at what was in the jars where the manifest was produced by
> Maven. These use ${project.name} for this, so I'll go with "Commons
> Logging" here.

<snap/>

I think we should consider updating ${project.name}s to Apache Commons Foo then.

Also, to reduce tangents on vote threads, if you are going to roll the
distros again based on these changes, perhaps you can just point to
the files and let those who want to take a look do so without calling
a vote (and call one 3-4 days later, or perhaps a bit more since its a
long weekend for some of us).

-Rahul