commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A newbie question for SCXML and its persistence
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:09:56 GMT
Please do not reply in an existing thread and ask an unrelated
question, start a new thread instead. Response below ...

On 11/15/07, Hongming Xiao <xiaohm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since SCXMLExecutor implemented Serializable interface, I guess the simplest
> way is to store serialized object somewhere for recovery purpose.  Does it
> work? And/or, any other suggestion?
> Thanks in advance.
<snip/>

Yes, it works. In fact, many of our JUnit test cases that run nightly
round trip (serialize and then deserialize) SCXMLExecutor instances.

You are correct this is the simplest persistence mechanism at the
moment. There was some discussion towards easily allowing alternative
persistence mechanisms, see SCXML-20 [1], for example. We need to
revisit this later (at v1.0 time).

-Rahul

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-20