commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 3)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:43:46 GMT
Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 11/19/07, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> <snip/>
>>> I'll change this. Should it be changed to "Apache Commons Logging" or
>>> simply "Commons Logging"? This is what we currently have:
>>>
>>> Specification-Title: Jakarta Commons Logging
>>> Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
>> I had a look at what was in the jars where the manifest was produced by
>> Maven. These use ${project.name} for this, so I'll go with "Commons
>> Logging" here.
>>
> <snap/>
>
> I think we should consider updating ${project.name}s to Apache Commons Foo then.

Please start another thread about this, as it applies to all of Commons.
We'd need to look into every consequence that this change would have.

> Also, to reduce tangents on vote threads, if you are going to roll the
> distros again based on these changes, perhaps you can just point to
> the files and let those who want to take a look do so without calling
> a vote (and call one 3-4 days later, or perhaps a bit more since its a
> long weekend for some of us).

I was torn between two sides of the coin here. On one hand it is nice
for people to be able to have a look at the binaries for each vote, even
though the vote has been canceled. On the other hand I want to spare the
reviewers from reviewing stuff that will or have already changed.

Everything, apart from the tag, could be retained for a longer period of
time. What is the preferred way to handle this?

--
Dennis Lundberg