commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 2)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:29:16 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 19/11/2007, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:

>>> AFAICS Logging will be the only Commons project that will no longer
>>> have separate binary and source archives.
>>>
>>> I think that's a retrograde step.
>> Here a link to the discussion I mentioned earlier:
>> http://www.nabble.com/-all--What%27s-in-a-distribution--tf2910639.html#a8132562
>>

> Thanks - I was having problems finding that.

Yeah, it seems to have vanished from the Apache archive :-/

> There does not seem to have been a final decision (or even summary) of
> the e-mail thread, which is a pity. Probably ought to be on the
> developer section of the commons site.

Consensus was not reached, so I didn't bother writing any docs for it.

> However:
> http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--all--What%27s-in-a-distribution--p8133008.html
> does ask for the whole of SVN to be included.
>
> AFAICS, only one message supported having a single combined archive;
> at least one other message referred to the need to keep archive sizes
> small.

There was a wide variety of opinions, but no clear direction. I have no
objections towards changing the assemblies. I just don't have the energy
to push for a standard for Commons assemblies at this time. So I would
like to use the assembly that we have now for this release.

--
Dennis Lundberg