commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 3)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:15:07 GMT
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>> On 18/11/2007, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> This is the third attempt to release commons-logging 1.1.1.
>>>
>>> Changes since the last try:
>>> - The manifest used in the artifacts now has the correct (non-SNAPSHOT)
>>> version in it
>>
>> Two of the manifests don't have versions:
>> javadoc
>> source
>> Not sure if these are required.
>
> These jars are generated by the javadoc-plugin and source-plugin which
> do not support customizing the manifest. I don't think that it is
> needed, because these files will only be available through the Central
> repository, where they will be placed in directories named by their
> version. Also the version is in the file name.
>
>> The api manifest does not have entries for
>> Built-by:
>> Extension-Name: org.apache.commons.logging
>>
>> The JDK entries seem quite important to me.
>
> The same applies for the -adapters jar. Both of these are created using
> an antrun configuration. I'll take a look and see if it can be tweaked
> to include these entries.

It wasn't that hard to fix, and the fix didn't clutter the pom too much.

>> Also, all the Manifests that contain
>> Specification-Title
>> refer to Jakarta Commons Logging
>
> I'll change this. Should it be changed to "Apache Commons Logging" or
> simply "Commons Logging"? This is what we currently have:
>
> Specification-Title: Jakarta Commons Logging
> Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation

I had a look at what was in the jars where the manifest was produced by
Maven. These use ${project.name} for this, so I'll go with "Commons
Logging" here.

>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/logging/tags/commons-logging-1.1.1/

>>> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-logging-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
>>> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-logging-1.1.1.tar.gz.md5