commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 3)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:15:55 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 18/11/2007, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> This is the third attempt to release commons-logging 1.1.1.
>>
>> Changes since the last try:
>> - The manifest used in the artifacts now has the correct (non-SNAPSHOT)
>> version in it
>
> Two of the manifests don't have versions:
> javadoc
> source
> Not sure if these are required.

These jars are generated by the javadoc-plugin and source-plugin which
do not support customizing the manifest. I don't think that it is
needed, because these files will only be available through the Central
repository, where they will be placed in directories named by their
version. Also the version is in the file name.

> The api manifest does not have entries for
> Built-by:
> Extension-Name: org.apache.commons.logging
>
> The JDK entries seem quite important to me.

The same applies for the -adapters jar. Both of these are created using
an antrun configuration. I'll take a look and see if it can be tweaked
to include these entries.

> Also, all the Manifests that contain
> Specification-Title
> refer to Jakarta Commons Logging

I'll change this. Should it be changed to "Apache Commons Logging" or
simply "Commons Logging"? This is what we currently have:

Specification-Title: Jakarta Commons Logging
Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation

--
Dennis Lundberg