commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 2)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:54:47 GMT
sebb wrote:

>>> I think the currently included files are fine. Not everything is relevant to
downloaders.
>> Depends why they are downloading ... maybe they don't have access to SVN.
>>
>>> PROPOSAL and STATUS are now extremely obsolete. Don't know if there is some rule
about the original PROPOSAL doc being kept though. Certainly neither is relevant except to
apache people.users.

>>> The doap file is just to keep the apache "project overview" page up-to-date.
Not relevant to non-apache people.
>> Yes, but it would not do any harm to include it.
>>

> BTW, I've just noticed that the previous logging release 1.1 includes
> xdocs in the source archive (e.g. commons-logging-1.1-src.zip). It
> also include the doap file, and PROPOSAL, STATUS.

The previous release was done in a totally different way, so it is only
natural that there are differences between the two. 1.1.1 contains the
complete generated website, so the xdocs seem unnecessary to me.

>>> As noted by Dennis, xdocs is available elsewhere, and api.pom was a temporary
workaround that will not be necessary once 1.1.1 is out.

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Simon

Dennis Lundberg