commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 2)
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:21:34 GMT
sebb wrote:
>> On 18/11/2007, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> This is the second attempt to release commons-logging 1.1.1.
>>>
>>> Changes since the last try:
>>> - The Maven 2 build now packages LICENSE and NOTICE files in the correct
>>> place in all distributables
>>> - A couple of minor bugs were fixed
>>>
>>> Release Notes:
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310484&styleName=Html&version=12312160
>>>
>>> Tag:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/logging/tags/commons-logging-1.1.1/
>
> I think Rahul has mentioned this:
>
> What happened to issue-tracking.xml ?
> Should issue-tracking.xml.bak be there?

This was a deliberate file rename on my part, see r595118. Because of
the way the file is named no html page will be rendered for it. It will
be reinstated later on.

> Some files in the tagged directory tree are not in the distribution zip:
>
> xdocs/**
> build-testing.xml
> commons-logging-api.pom
> doap_logging.rdf
> PROPOSAL.html
> STATUS.html
>
> Surely at least some of these belong in the distribution?

The I started preparing the Maven 2 assembly for logging I posted a
discussion thread called "What's in a distribution". Consensus was not
reached, but I did my best at creating something that would satisfy most
people.

xdocs/** - isn't needed, because the entire generated site is included
in the distro

build-testing.xml - this one should really be in there (was added after
I had created the assembly). Good catch!

commons-logging-api.pom - This was a temporary fix that was created to
remedy the fact that the automatically (M1 to M2) converted pom in 1.1
was a disaster when it came to dependencies. Can probably be deleted
from svn now, but shouldn't be in the distro anyway.

As for the rest - I don't know and I don't care.

Until we have reached consensus about what files should be in a
distribution, I think that it is up to the Release Manager to decide
what goes in there.

>>> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-logging-1.1.1.tar.gz.asc
>>> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/commons-logging-1.1.1.zip

--