commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] issue-tracking link has gone missing somewhere
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:21:51 GMT
simon wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 19:21 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> I had a look at why the Issue tracking report is missing from the menu.
>> It took a while, but I finally found that logging has it's own version
>> of this file in /xdocs/issue-tracking.xml
>
> Digester has this file too. Removing it does cause the issue-tracking
> link to reappear in the generated website. It would be a shame, though,
> to lose all that nice helpful info that is currently on that page.

I'm currently looking at maven-project-info-reports-plugin to try and
find out why it is excluding the menu item.

>> It seems that M2 doesn't work in the same way that M1 does in this
>> respect. If I remove the file /xdocs/issue-tracking.xml locally I get an
>> entry for "Issue Tracking" in the menu.
>
> So you think that the digester site was published using maven 1.x?
> Possible, but I would be surprised. Seems more likely that a maven
> plugin update has broken the old behaviour.

Nope, the digester site is published using Maven 1.

>> I don't see the value of maintaining our own version of this page, so
>> I'll go head and remove it from svn.
>
> Yes, it would be nice to have a common version for all projects but
> right now all I see is a very bare page with nothing close to the useful
> info on the old page. It's not release-critical, but something better
> would be nice.

OK, for now I will just rename the file in SVN so that anyone can deploy
the site, without work-arounds. Later, if/when the Maven plugin can be
fixed to allow the M1 behavior, we can just rename it back again.

> Cheers,
>
> Simon

Dennis Lundberg