commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.5 based on RC1
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:01:22 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2007 3:04 PM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>> The 1.5 release of Commons Configuration is overdue.
>>
>> I have prepared a first release candidate. All artifacts including a
>> clirr report and the release notes can be found at
>> http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.5rc1/
>>
>> The site is also available under
>> http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.5rc1/site/index.html
>>
>> Please take the time to have a look at the artifacts and cast your vote.
>> I will count the votes not before next Thursday (Nov. 8th).
>
> The only thing that looked slightly strange to me was that the distros
> appear to be built with m1 but the jar manifest indicates it was built
> with ant. When I tried building with m1 and JDK 1.3 though I hit the
> issue of java.sql.Datasource not being present in JDK 1.3 - so I guess
> thats the reason. I added JDK 1.3 source/target to the m1 build so
> that later JDKs create compatible builds.
>
> Anyway looks good to me so +1.
>
> Niall
>
> P.S. I also added site and assembly descriptors for the m2 build,
> which IMO don't matter for this release, but good for the future.
>
>> Thanks.
>> Oliver

Niall,

thanks for your support, especially the improvements of the m2 build.

I usually build with maven 1 on a JDK 1.3. The site contains some
information about how to build with this constellation (the "building"
link). No idea why the manifest has an entry about ant.

With the source/target declarations in project.properties I have a
problem: javac from JDK 1.3 does not understand the source option and
causes an error. This is the reason why these flags were not set before.
Do you know a workaround for this issue?

Because of the changes that have been made at the build files I plan to
create another RC soon.

Oliver