commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Kestle <stephen.kes...@orionhealth.com>
Subject (COLLECTIONS-245) Genericise CollectionUtils / COLLECTIONS-275 and Jira Permissions
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:16:43 GMT
And in it goes!  Just got my current work building and a few tricky
generics problems sorted out.
I would love reviews / comments etc; I haven't had the time to proof it
as much as I would like.

Also, I've decided to be a bit more sandboxy about the generics branch.
I'll do more commits, and we'll see what sticks - rather than attemtping
to get it perfect first time.
I think this is necessary, as generics are only really tested by
real-world use.  I'm encouraging my (professional) collegues to use this
branch where they can, so you can bet I'll be trying to keep it as
stable as possible.  I figure that the time savings of using some of the
stuff that I have and will put in will outweigh any refactoring issues
that may arise.

One of which is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS-275 -
the IndexedCollection.  This may do well with some feedback on naming.
I'll probably be checking something in within the next 12 hours for a
starting point of "what I need right now".

JIRA -> Can someone get me appropriate developer permissions for the
Collections project?  Right now I just want to be able to assign myself
tickets so I can work on them/check them off.  (I'm a committer)

Cheers

Stephen

Brian Egge (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COLLECTIONS-245?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12538728
]

> Brian Egge commented on COLLECTIONS-245:
>
> I know Stephen Kestle is doing some work on the CollectionUtils.  Are these patches more
complete?  Would it help if I downloaded them, applied them, and then reuploaded a patch file?

>> Genericise CollectionUtils and ListUtils.
>>
>>                 Key: COLLECTIONS-245
>>             Project: Commons Collections
>>          Issue Type: Improvement
>>          Components: Collection, List
>>    Affects Versions: Generics
>>         Environment: Commons Collections JSE5 branch.
>>            Reporter: Stephen Smith
>>             Fix For: Generics
>>
>>         Attachments: AbstractCollectionDecorator.java, BoundedCollection.java, CollectionUtils.java,
ListUtils.java, TestCollectionUtils.java, TestListUtils.java, UnmodifiableBoundedCollection.java,
UnmodifiableIterator.java

>> Attached are genericised versions of CollectionUtils and ListUtils, as well as their
test cases. Note that methods involving Transformers have been ignored, as the current Transformer<I,O>
class signature is under consideration.