commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Configuration 1.5 based on RC1
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:40:35 GMT
Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Oliver Heger wrote:
>>> The only difference running the tests with Maven now is that
>>> exception's stack trace is printed to the screen instead of written
>>> into a log file (because of the now missing log4j dependency).
>>>
>> Ok, I will apply this patch to pom.xml. What about the maven 1 build?
>> Should it be tweaked, too?
>
> That's less critical, because the deps are not transitive. However, as Nicolas stated,
it refers servletapi with the old groupId and also an ols xerces implementation. That should
be synchronized with the M2 POM. You may add additionally log4j with test scope (and can therefore
omit its exclusion in the ACL dep), then the output building ACC with M2 is as nice as before.

> I can do this if you want, but I did not want to do any changes now while you're in the
process of the release.

> - Jörg

As you probably have noticed, I am not that familiar with the whole
dependency stuff, so any help would be much appreciated. Just go ahead
and apply the necessary changes.

TIA
Oliver