commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-math (in module apache-commons) failed
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:57:52 GMT
> This issue affects 1 projects,
>  and has been outstanding for 5 runs.
> The current state of this project is 'Failed', with reason 'Build Failed'.
> For reference only, the following projects are affected by this:
>     - commons-math :  The Jakarta Mathematics Library
> Full details are available at:

The problem seems related to the
org.apache.commons.math.stat.descriptive.DescriptiveStatisticsTest class
which is abstract since r590564 when Brent introduced the
SynchronizedDescriptiveStatistics class.

The suite() method tried to create an instance which was not possible
anymore since the class is abstract. I hve removed the suite() method in
version r591610. However, I'm not sure this is enough. Don't we need to
change the class name to call it AbstractSomething or Something abstract
? Don't maven use this naming convention to prevent from launching some
test classes ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message