commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] No raw jars for 1.1 - fix readme?
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:37:39 GMT
> sebb wrote:

> >> The raw jars are available in the Central repository.
> >
> > Where's that?
>
> See the link 4 lines down :-)

Ah - I though the word "alternative" 2 lines down referred to something else...

> >> An alternative is to add a link to:
> >>
> >>   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/
> >
> > Not sure that one should point to external repositories.
>
> Well the Apache repository is rsync:ed to the Central repository, which
> is fast and mirrored. But if that is unacceptable we can link to the
> Apache repository that gets rsync:ed there. Unfortunately it is not that
> fast and is not mirrored (other then the rsync to Central). Here's a
> link to that:
>
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-logging/jars/
>
> > Also, the maven repo does not seem to have signed jars.
>
> That is not a "maven repo" issue. It is all up to the people who put
> jars there. Apache releases are nowadays required to sign stuff that
> goes there. As you can see in the link above, logging releases starting
> with version 1.0.4 are signed.

There seem to be different release processes for the people.a.o
repository and the maven.org one:

people includes .md5 and .asc, but maven has md5 and .sha1

http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository/commons-logging/jars/
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging-api/1.1/

If the two processes are automated, then there's something wrong with
the automation ... if not, then perhaps they need to be automated
and/or better documented...

but this is getting OT.