commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [logging] No raw jars for 1.1 - fix readme?
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:09:20 GMT
> sebb wrote:
> > The readme files under:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/logging/
> >
> > say:
> >
> > "Note: the larger size of the new downloads is due to improvement
> > documentation shipping with this new release. Those who have very
> > limited band width may wish to download the raw jars instead."
> >
> > However, the raw jars are not present, so perhaps the Note: should be
> > removed from the 3 README.html files?
>
> The raw jars are available in the Central repository.

Where's that?

> An alternative is to add a link to:
>
>   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/

Not sure that one should point to external repositories.

Also, the maven repo does not seem to have signed jars.

I think the best would be to drop the comment from the README.

> Are this type of README files stored only on the web server, or are they
> under version control somewhere?

I suspect few (if any) projects have them under version control, as
they are in an isolated directory.

The parent dist directory is under version control in the
infrastructure SVN, but most of the subdirectories are specifically
ignored.