commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 2)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:36:34 GMT
> On 19/11/2007, Simon Kitching <simon.kitching@chello.at> wrote:
> > ---- sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> schrieb:

> > > My view is that the source distribution should contain everything that
> > > is in SVN.
> >
> > I think the currently included files are fine. Not everything is relevant to downloaders.
>
> Depends why they are downloading ... maybe they don't have access to SVN.
>
> > PROPOSAL and STATUS are now extremely obsolete. Don't know if there is some rule
about the original PROPOSAL doc being kept though. Certainly neither is relevant except to
apache people.users.

> > The doap file is just to keep the apache "project overview" page up-to-date. Not
relevant to non-apache people.

> Yes, but it would not do any harm to include it.

BTW, I've just noticed that the previous logging release 1.1 includes
xdocs in the source archive (e.g. commons-logging-1.1-src.zip). It
also include the doap file, and PROPOSAL, STATUS.

> > As noted by Dennis, xdocs is available elsewhere, and api.pom was a temporary workaround
that will not be necessary once 1.1.1 is out.