commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "ExtractAndDecompressGzipFiles" by KenTanaka
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:32:11 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by KenTanaka:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ExtractAndDecompressGzipFiles

The comment on the change is:
Described the sample data file archive.tar

   5. remove gzipped file

  There should be a cleaner, more direct route. Maybe someone more familiar with VFS can post
better code.
+
+ Conceptually there is a tar file:
+ {{{
+ archive.tar
+  +- tardir/
+      +- content.txt.gz
+ }}}
+ I'd like to end up with an uncompressed file "content.txt". Create this sample {{{archive.tar}}}
file with some (unix) commands like:
+ {{{
+ ls -l > context.txt
+ gzip content.txt
+ mkdir tardir
+ mv content.txt.gz tardir
+ tar cvf archive.tar tardir
+ rm -r tardir
+ }}}
+ For this example the sample {{{archive.tar}}} is located in the {{{/extra/data/tryVfs}}}
directory. You can see that hardcoded in the java example below. The {{{content.txt}}} file
will be extracted into the same location.

  This example uses Maven2. There is a '''{{{pom.xml}}}''' to define the project

@@ -67, +84 @@

  Content of '''{{{src/main/java/gov/noaa/eds/tryVfs/MultiStep.java}}}'''
  {{{
+ /*
+  * MultiStep.java
+  */
  package gov.noaa.eds.tryVfs;

  import org.apache.commons.vfs.AllFileSelector;
@@ -95, +115 @@

   * 5. remove gzipped file
   *
   * There should be a cleaner more direct route, but I haven't discovered it yet.
+  *
+  * @author ktanaka
   */
  public class MultiStep {