commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1 (take 2)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:58:32 GMT
---- sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> schrieb:
> On 18/11/2007, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > > Some files in the tagged directory tree are not in the distribution zip:
> > >
> > > xdocs/**
> > > build-testing.xml
> > > commons-logging-api.pom
> > > doap_logging.rdf
> > > PROPOSAL.html
> > > STATUS.html
> > >
> > > Surely at least some of these belong in the distribution?
> >

> My view is that the source distribution should contain everything that
> is in SVN.

I think the currently included files are fine. Not everything is relevant to downloaders.

PROPOSAL and STATUS are now extremely obsolete. Don't know if there is some rule about the
original PROPOSAL doc being kept though. Certainly neither is relevant except to apache people.users.

The doap file is just to keep the apache "project overview" page up-to-date. Not relevant
to non-apache people.

As noted by Dennis, xdocs is available elsewhere, and api.pom was a temporary workaround that
will not be necessary once 1.1.1 is out.

Regards,

Simon