commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-logging 1.1.1
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:01:31 GMT
Hi Dennis,

Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> What is your conclusion? Should we leave things the way they are and
> maybe add JRockit as a "known issue" on the wiki?

I suppose so. I debugged the code with different JDKs/JREs and so I can
report the the security test cases work on all my JDKs (including IBM 1.4.2
and 1.5.0), but fails for JRockit. The MockSecurityManager expects that the
activities arisen by the reflective call to LogFactory.getLog are done
within a privileged call of the java.security.AccessController, but that
one is not on the call stack. Wonder, how JRockit works with a
SecurityManager in standard configuration ...

- Jörg