commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Hanson Char" <hanson.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextIterable ?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 06:34:26 GMT
My speculation/suggestion is if you do an experiment by cutting a
release (regardless o the implementation) of the common libraries
(with higher version numbers) but are compiled and explicitly claim to
only run on 1.5+ or 1.6+, I bet there will be more downloads of it
than all the other pre-1.5 releases.

I suspect there is not enough activity in the 1.5 branch because those
1.5 developers simply move somewhere else.  The proposed experiment
above will provide evidence to the suspicion.

My 1c :)

Hanson Char