commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Hanson Char" <hanson.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextIterable ?
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:40:54 GMT
Henri,

LineIterator is intended/designed to be a hidden implementation behind
TextIterable.  It's like putting the cart in front of the horse.
Things don't make much sense if LineIterator is taken out of context
as a standalone public class - issues of InputStream vs Reader,
encoding, closing of input stream, etc. go away at the higher level of
abstraction, aka TextIterable.

The 1.5 issue is, unfortunate, a real issue.  I haven't programmed in
pre-1.5 Java for 2+ years now.  Sorry for the folks who are not so
lucky.

Hanson Char